Bryan’s Birthday Dinner

Bryan choose steak for his birthday dinner, so we made our way down to the waterfront and we’re seated at a nice table at I’m Angus. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1iJ0NnXqQvpt2kYTajasiqGR5eZ-xLj7d
Bryan chose their best steak, a Wagyu steak. I looked seriously at the lamb, but decided on a tenderloin. When asked what I wanted to drink I went with “just water” at first. The waiter asked if I wanted still or sparkling. I said still, realizing I was making a purchase by not asking for “tap” water, but it didn’t seem like the atmosphere to ask for that. It seemed like it would have been tacky. So, I joked the rest of the night about my $10 water. 

The food was good. We ate it in the open air, with our backs comfortably to standing heaters, aglow with tall flames. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1n46V6higqH_RtoNYlVXS-ZbHzRkcydGy
We enjoyed people watching as so many streamed by on the path below. There was a mix of locals exercising (jogging or biking), families, tourists (like ourselves), and many dressed to the nines for various activities. Some were in shorts and others were bundled in coats and scarves. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1_MLBSfQ3W-g7yVAo6yjL_4s7ePQQPDZc
We have decided that the color palate here for clothing seems to lean strongly toward neutral colors. Dressing all in black is a classic, classy look. Others in all white. Some in a combination or sporting a simple grey coat or wrap. One thing I saw more than I expected was sequins and feathers. Later as we walked back along the water we learned why. One of the party boats was having a themed event. I had never seen so many ladies dressed in flapper dresses. And these were not cheap costume peices, but authentic apparel that matched the time period. Such fun! 

Next we went home and put on a couple more layers of our thin travel clothing to keep the chill of the breeze out. I had seen pictures of the opera house lit up with colored lights at night, and we wanted to go see if it was lit that way tonight. It wasn’t. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=13S5B0d-QFAsE8EDKUgrtUZmkbAJA4Y6q
Next we decided to go looking for birthday cake for dessert. We had a good time looking, but didn’t find anything except a whole cake. We didn’t want to splurge for an entire cake. 

With it being just a bit too chilly for gelato, we called it a night. Tomorrow we catch a quick flight to Brisbane where we board the cruise ship. So excited!

Comments

  1. Sounds like he had a wonderful birthday...good company and great food. I'm enjoying the posts very much

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

New Kind of Adventure

Craters of the Moon and Into the Grand Tetons

Gold Coast